IYT Try Sailing
The IYT Try Sailing Course is a 3 to 4 hour course aimed to provide candidates with basic introductory knowledge for crewing a vessel (monohull or catamaran) up to 15 meters in inland or coastal waters <5 miles offshore during daylight hours in moderate wind and sea conditions.
It’s a fun hands-on course to enjoy being on the water while learning basic sailing skills.
Recommended Entry Level Requirements
At least 10 years of age.
- Crewing a vessel (monohull or catamaran) up to 15 meters
- Inland or coastal waters <5 miles offshore
- Daylight hours
- Moderate wind and sea conditions
Scope of Course
3 to 4 hour course, on board, covering theory and practical subjects
- Basic Safety Equipment
- Layout of the vessel
- Basic Deck Equipment
- How Sails Work & Rigging
- Points of Sails and Basic Sailing Terms
- Basic Sail Handling Skills
- Basic Ropework
“IYT Try Sailing Course Completion Certificate” to be issued by the school after successful completion of the course.